ASSURE Nurse Navigators can help patients and their caregivers:
- Connect to a Local Care Center (an alternate treatment location that may be more convenient to the patient) and schedule the first appointment
- Make appointment reminders and follow-up calls
- Complete telephone transfers to healthcare providers to reschedule appointments
- Access information on external community support resources, including transportation assistance options, where available
- Assist with insurance coverage, reimbursement, patient transition, and similar issues
- Supply treatment team resources and patient education materials
ASSURE Nurse Navigators follow patients even when they change their setting of care. The intent of having the same person reach out is to provide consistency and familiarity.
When discussing the ASSURE Nurse Navigators Program with your patients, remind them:
- The program is optional and they may discontinue the offering at any time
- Once they enroll in ASSURE, a dedicated Nurse Navigator will call to explain the program, answer questions, and discuss a preferred form of contact
- ASSURE Nurse Navigators will call to remind them of treatment appointments and follow up afterward
- ASSURE Nurse Navigators can answer questions regarding coverage and reimbursement or assist them in completing a patient assistance program application if they have no coverage
- ASSURE Nurse Navigators can provide information about available community services in the patient’s local area for additional financial, emotional, or social support
ASSURE Nurse Navigators ensure ongoing communication with your team, contacting your office via phone or fax when:
- The patient first enrolls in the program
- The Navigator is unable to reach the patient or caregiver via telephone
- The outcome of an appointment is known, such as when an injection has been completed or a patient didn’t keep their appointment at an LCC
*ASSURE Nurse Navigators are employees of AmerisourceBergen Consulting Services, Inc. (“ABCS”). Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (“OAPI”) assumes no responsibility for and does not guarantee the quality or accuracy of any information or assistance provided by ABCS. ASSURE Nurse Navigators do not provide medical advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. ASSURE Nurse Navigators do not provide injections; they provide telephone support only. To connect with an injection provider in your patient’s neighborhood, please use our Local Care Centers finder tool.